John Paxton's Homepage
A Little About Me
- I was a visiting computer science professor for
Winter Semester 2006 - 2007. An invitation from the
University of Leipzig, a
Fulbright Award and a
Montana State University
enabled me to do this.
- Although I taught in English, I minored in German
in college and enjoyed working on my German speaking
- To see my Montana State University homepage, click
Summer Semester 2008 Leipzig Activities
- A course on
programming. The course was a study abroad course for
7 Montana State students and was also taken by
23 University of Leipzig students.
Winter Semester 2006/2007 Leipzig Activities
- A course on practical aspects of
algorithms and data structures,
using ACM programming contest
problems as motivation for the material.
- A course on web programming.
The course will concentrate on PHP and MySQL, but
- Organized a local
ACM programming contest
on Saturday, October 28th. A total of 74 students (25 teams)
competed. The winning two teams competed in
the regional contest in Lisbon, Portugal in November.
- E-mail: paxton at cs dot montana dot edu