Klaus Mochalski's homepage
My research focuses on passive network measurements.
In 2001, I was working with the
WAND group at the
Computer Science Department of the
University of Waikato,
We captured several GPS-synchronised packet
header traces at different locations using the Dag
measurement cards. I have contributed to a series
of tools supporting the automated analysis of these traces. Some results
can be viewed here.
Currently, I'm working on real-time analysis of passive network measurements.
the Internet access link of the University for our measurements. Previously, I
packet header traces
at this monitoring point.
I am collaborating with the
PMA project at
working on real-time analysis of passive measurements, where
I spent the summers of 2003 and 2004 as a visiting scholar.
Another area of interest are peer-to-peer networks, especially
accounting and filtering issues and
- Auckland-VI: First synchronised multipoint IP header trace
Klaus Mochalski, Stephen Donnelly and Jörg Micheel
Network Analysis Times, Dec. 2001
- Packet Delay and Loss at the Auckland Internet Access Path
Klaus Mochalski, Jörg Micheel and Stephen Donnelly
PAM2002 Passive & Active Measurement Workshop, Fort Collins, Colorado, USA, 25-26 March 2002.
- On the Use of Passive Network Measurements for Modeling the Internet
Klaus Mochalski, Klaus Irmscher
13. Fachtagung Kommunikation in Verteilten Systemen KiVS 2003, Leipzig, 25.-28.2.2003
- Passive Netzwerkmessungen am Internet-Zugang der Universitšt Leipzig
Mitteilungsheft des GI/ITG-Fachausschusses MMB, Heft Nr. 43, ISSN 0945-7216
- A Real-Time Packet Burst Metric
Klaus Mochalski, Jörg Micheel
TERENA networking conference 2004, 7-10 June 2004.