TDDT - Từ điển Việt Nam cho máy Palm
Low resolusion, grayscale device
High resolusion, color device
About TDDT - Dictionary for Palm OS
TDDT is a dictionary application for Palm OS, developed by
Hồ Ngọc Đức.
Its main features are:
- Fast and convenient word lookup
- Dictionary data are compressed so that big databases fit in a low-memory PDA
- Memory card support
- Unicode support. You can use dictionaries for non-European languages (Vietnamese,
Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai...) even if your Palm cannot display Unicode texts
- Download the dictionary program, extract it and use HotSync
to transfer all 3 files (TDDT.prc, UFFdt_ucs13n.pdb, and UFFdt_ucs20n.pdb) to your Palm
- Download any of the dictionaries you need, extract the ZIP file and install the .pdb file to your Palm.
- English-Vietnamese (Từ điển Anh-Việt). Comes in 3 versions:
Small (1.4 MB, 24K words),
Medium (2.4 MB, 51K words), or
Large (3.4 MB, 75K words)
- Từ điển Việt-Anh (Vietnamese-English, 0.75 MB, 23K words)
- Từ điển tiếng Việt: 2 versions
Small (1.3 MB),
Medium (2.0 MB)
- Từ điển Pháp-Việt (French-Vietnamese, 1.65 MB, 47K words)
- Từ điển Việt-Pháp (Vietnamese-French, 1.2 MB, 38K words)
- Từ điển Đức-Việt (German-Vietnamese, 1.5 MB, 29K words)
- Từ điển Việt-Đức (Vietnamese-German, 0.55 MB, 12K words)
- From the launcher menu, run the program TDDT
To lookup a word, type its first characters to the text field. A list of close matches will appear.
Tap a word in that list to view its definition. Use
to scroll the list of keywords.
Vietnamese words can be typed without diacritical marks: you can type "luat s" and the word "luật sư"
appears in the list.
Using the menu bar:
File->Delete to delete the currently selected dictionary database. (Be careful!)
File->Exit to quit the program
- Use the Font menu (
Font->dt_ucs13, ...) to select a font
- Use the help menu (
?->About ...) to view information about the program, the
database, the device etc.
Installing on memory card
The dictionary databases can be installed on memory card. To enable this function, create a folder
/Palm/TDDT on your memory card and put the dictionary PDB files
(e.g., AnhViet75K.pdb, VietViet23K.pdb) in that folder.
- 04/2005: Version 1.3. Virtual keyboard for Palm. Confirmation dialog for deleting dictionary
- 03/2005: Version 1.2. Configuration saved over sessions. Virtual keyboard added.
- 03/2005: Version 1.1. Added pronunciation to English-Vietnamese dictionaries. Memory card supported.
- 01/2005: Version 1.0, optimized for Palm handhelds (You can still
download the WinCE version. The PPC/WinCE version is untested though.)
- 05/2003: Initial release
UP | Forum